Avoid that oven-baked feeling – the Zip Dee Solar Shade takes the sizzle out of your Airstream patio
Our favorite Zip Dee accessory!
- Keeps your patio cooler – rejects up to 85% of the sun's heat but still allows air to flow through
- Creates privacy between your campsite and your neighbor's
- Provides an excellent defense against southern and western exposure – especially helpful during the summer months
- Keeps the sun from baking the side of your Airstream
- Holds up to the intense sun, and windy conditions – high-quality Zip Dee fabric is heavier than cheaper brands
- Can be added to any Airstream awning (and most other brands, too)
Zip Dee products are durable and made to last
The Zip Dee Solar Shade is the only solar shade we sell because of its excellent, made-in-the-USA quality. Brass grommets, turned hems, and stainless steel snaps make this solar shade extremely durable.
Once installed, you simply snap the Solar Shade up, which takes just a few seconds. The bottom has grommets so it can be tied down, and the shade comes with stakes.
Pick the size that's right for you
Comes in 10-foot or 15-foot lengths. We recommend the 15-foot length for Airstreams that are 27 feet and longer.
Comes in two heights, 5 feet (57" actual) and 6 feet (69" actual). We recommend the 5-foot height for Airstreams that have manual awnings, and the 6-foot height for Airstreams that have power awnings, which tend to stand taller.
Easy, one-time snap installation requires a drill and a rivet tool
This product requires an initial installation of some snaps. This is easy if you have a cordless drill with a 9/64" drill bit, and a pop rivet tool.
Zip Dee's complete instructions are included and can be downloaded here. Watch how easy it is to install –
If you aren't comfortable or don't have the tools you can take it to any competent service technician.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.